SA vs AUS 2018: Cameron Bancroft hopes Starc to be fit for Cape Town Test: Starc’s injury trouble is of particular concern ahead of Thursday’s crucial clash given that he has had close to a week to recover since South Africa clinched the second Test in Port Elizabeth. The left-armer will now need to prove his fitness by bowling …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
Proteas blanking out ‘noise’ before Australia third Test: Players of both teams welcomed the break they had enjoyed after South Africa levelled the four-match series with a six-wicket win in Port Elizabeth last week. “It’s been nice to get some time off,” said Elgar. The Australians behaved like regular tourists …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
Nathan Lyon targets another Newlands high with 300 club in sight: “It was one of the most exciting Test series, especially coming off the Ashes and the way we played at Centurion and then them bouncing back at (Port Elizabeth). To come here and the way it planned out with Ryan Harris basically bowling with one leg and …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
SA vs AUS 2018: Result on Rabada’s ban appeal to be out by Wednesday: Rabada was handed a two-Test match ban after his ugly altercation with Australian skipper Steve Smith in the second Test match in Port Elizabeth. Cricket South Africa said the International Cricket Council would announce the outcome by Wednesday …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
Still plenty of needle with or without Rabada, says Elgar: South Africa fast bowler Rabada is appealing against a ban handed down for brushing the shoulder of Australia captain Steve Smith in the hosts’ six-wicket victory in the second test in Port Elizabeth which levelled the four-match series at 1-1.
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
South Africa add Duanne Olivier, Chris Morris in squad for final two Tests: “We have retained the 15 players who produced an excellent performance to level the (second) test in Port Elizabeth. “Olivier was the pick of our bowlers for South Africa A in their tour match against Australia while Morris has been in excellent form …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
Explosive conspiracy theory in Rabada case: Rabada, who has been highly influential in the two Tests so far, was given the ban for making physical contact with Australian captain Steve Smith during the second Test in Port Elizabeth. However, veteran cricket expert Neil Manthorp – who has reported on …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
Will Rabada win appeal against ban?: South Africa fast bowler Rabada is appealing against a ban handed down for brushing the shoulder of Australia captain Steve Smith in the hosts’ six-wicket victory in the second Test in Port Elizabeth which levelled the four-match series at 1-1. The …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
Starc in race against time to prove fitness: Starc bowled 33.4 overs in the first innings in Port Elizabeth but insisted afterwards he pulled up fine from the heavy workload. The left-armer missed the Boxing Day Test with a heel problem and Australia struggled to replace him. If Starc – man of the …
Source: “Port Elizabeth” – BingNews.
Port Elizabethan
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Why Fewer People Are Being Convicted for Commercial Crimes - 15 May 2026
- Urgent Call for South Africa to Support and Join Global Efforts to Phase Out Fossil Fuels - 15 April 2026
- Unfenced 6 SAI Army Base Outside Makhanda Claims Another Life - 20 November 2025
- Death Toll Rises From Makhado Bus Crash - 21 October 2025
- Law Clinics Flooded as Home Affairs Blocks Asylum Seekers From the System - 15 October 2025
