The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents that it is currently experiencing difficulties in supplying certain storage reservoirs due to the Schoenmakerskop Pumpstation not having full electricity supply. The reservoir levels are low and at risk of emptying as consumption is higher than supply.
Electricity and Energy will augment supply during off peak hours to allow more pumps to run at a time, however, it is recommended that consumers reduce consumption during this period to avoid disruptions in supply.
Areas that could experience low pressure or disruptions include:
- Parts of Walmer
- Walmer Downs
- Mangold Park
- Glen Hurd
- Newton Park
- Parts of Cotsworld
- Parts of Schauderville
- Mill Park
- Parts of Central
- Mount Croix
The situation will be monitored and water tankers will be made available if reservoir storage levels deplete, their positions will be communicated throughout social media and can also be enquired from 0800205050.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019