Solar and/or Grid Charging, Connected to Main Distribution Board, Stable, Reliable, Name Brand, Good Guarantee, Professionaly Installed, DIY Option, Seamless Operation.
With loadshedding making us all increasingly worried about having power to continue working and gazillions of solutions being peddled by all kinds of experts (from your local plumber to your acocuntant) it is very confusing to wade through all the noise.
When it comes to the best solution not based on price that is elegant, offers peace of mind and a seamless solution for 20 years the choice is simple: Grid Tie Hybrid system connected to your distribution board powering essential circuits via an array of gel or Lithium ion batteries. Prices for such systems start at R100 000 and increase based on your consumption and backup needs.
It is at the lower end of the scale where consumers do not see the need for a 20 year solution that people are, frankly, being taken for a ride.
What the consumer on a restricted budget is looking for in such a system is:
- Standby batteries charged by Solar Panels AND/OR
- Standby batteries charged by the Grid (when it is on)
- Have Gel Batteries connected
- Be connected to essential circuits in the home/business
- Be price sensitive
- Offer a DIY option as a standalone ‘Eskom in a Box’
Contact Straton Solar for JUST such a system.
Beware: When it comes to a ‘budget price’ loadshedding backup solution these constrictions need to be taken into consideration:
- Budget Inverters DO NOT offer a Grid Tie option – so you will not benefit from Net Metering
- Budget Inverters can power a minimum number of circuits only
- Budget Inverters very often only offer a ‘trickle charge’ option – i.e. no use when cyclical 2 hours on 2 hours off or 4 hours on 4 hours off loadshedding takes place.
Video: THIS is what I want to see in a loadshedding backup solution
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- BDO in SA buys unit of SNG Grant Thornton Durban – Port Elizabeth Business News - 4 April 2020
- WHO experts ‘worried’ about mental health, give tips to stay sane in lockdown – Lockdown News - 4 April 2020
- BDO in SA buys unit of SNG Grant Thornton Durban – Port Elizabeth in the News - 3 April 2020
- 8 Deaths due to “police action” since start of Lockdown - 3 April 2020
- Birdsong and clear views: coronavirus lockdown clears Paris pollution – Lockdown News - 3 April 2020