We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019
- Filipino Crewman Evacuated off Bulk Carrier - 15 July 2019
- One More Reason Why Foreign Visitors are a God Send - 15 July 2019