I am writing to you to express my utter disgust at the overwhelming stench outside Shoprite Hyper, Greenacres. I have walked past there twice this week, and felt ill both times. It is indescribable.
There have been strong urine odours there in the past, but at present it is horrendous. It is as though individuals are doing more than just urinating these days. Where are the health inspectors? Where is the centre management? It is an absolute disgrace, and I daresay a major health hazard. The area needs to be sanitised.
In France, they have outdoor urinals. Why not build facilities like that within the vicinity of the taxi ranks? Then at least the individuals can relieve themselves in a more civilised, controlled manner. There are many references these days to people’s dignity. Well, where is the dignity in standing urinating (and more) against a wall in public? Come on, this is nonsense. Do something about it!
But no, the “higher ups” would rather waste money on name changes that will cost the economy millions, rather than building better facilities and providing dignity and better hygiene for all! Get your priorities straight.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Root finds right recipe as England go ahead in test series – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 January 2020
- Cricket: Rabada surprised by ban, sorry for letting team down – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 January 2020
- How Delicious Can Love be? – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020
- England thrash SA by an innings and 53 runs in 3rd Test – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 January 2020
- Smile – Team Sailing League Regatta - 21 January 2020