The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality plans to continue with maintenance and repair work at the Lorraine electricity substation tomorrow (Friday, 25 October) from 06:00 to 18:00.
All areas fed from Lorraine substation will be affected: Brymore, Glenroy Park, Goldwater, Greenshields Park, Hancorn, Heatherbank, Kragga Kamma Park, Kamma Park, Lorraine, Lorraine Manor, Lovemore Heights, Lovemore Park, Miramar, Overbaakens, Pinelands, Pine Grove, Southmead, Salisbury Park, Springfield, Theescombe, Vikingvale, Willow Glen, Weybridge Park, Woodlands, Walmer Heights, Walmer Downs and surrounding areas.
Only if weather conditions do not only for work to continue, Saturday (26 October) is earmarked as an alternative date.
All electricity installations should be treated as live for the duration of the outage.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019