This Grey High School image is courtesy of Flickr. Click on the Flickr account holder below the photograph to see more.
ALHS 24th & Q 5-8-15 1
Image by THE Holy Hand Grenade!
Abraham Lincoln High School in San Francisco, CA, as seen from across both 24th Avenue and Quintara Street. This is the photographer’s (and poster’s, same person…) Alma Mater, which he graduated high school from. The original part of the school, the three-story part to the right, was built in the late 1930’s to handle the expanding population just then moving into the Parkside district. The expansion on the left was built in the 1950’s to handle the post-war Baby Boomers. (and the theater [the light grey part sticking above the rest of the expansion…] was added at the same time…) Taken by a Speed Graphic with a Schneider Angulon 90mm ƒ 6.8 lens on 4×5 inch Ilford HP5+ film. Dark area on right is because there wasn’t quite enough developer (or stop or fix…) in the tank to reach the top of the film… (First use of the tank equipment…)
Developed in Ilfosol 3…
Lincoln was the second High School in San Francisco that the photographer/poster attended – the first two years of HS (9th and 10th grades) were at another school… (which will get photographed and posted, eventually! – the school isn’t in a part of San Francisco that I stop in very often, now…) (particularly not with a 4×5 camera in tow!)
This image is automatically selected as it was published with this keyword/s relevant to Port Elizabeth: Grey High School. Please – CLICK HERE to report any ‘offensive’ images. Don’t forget to support and thank the photographer.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- New book shows how corruption took root in democratic South Africa – Port Elizabeth Business News - 8 April 2020
- Academics a top priority for Madibaz student-athletes – MyPR.co.za - 8 April 2020
- Coronavirus lockdown: A tale of two South Africas – Lockdown News - 8 April 2020
- New book shows how corruption took root in democratic South Africa – Port Elizabeth in the News - 7 April 2020
- Henley & Partners – Record-Breaking Global Mobility Grounded by COVID-19 Pandemic – Lockdown News - 7 April 2020