Justin Erasmus, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 15h10, Tuesday, 22nd October, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew launched the sea rescue craft JLT Rescuer, accompanied by an EC Government Health EMS rescue paramedic, to rendezvous with a fishing trawler off-shore of the Port of Port Elizabeth and patient evacuate a 46 year old crewman suffering an injury from an earlier fall onboard and requiring evacuation to hospital.
NSRI Port Elizabeth had been activated earlier by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) following the request for the medical assistance and informed of the fishing trawler heading towards Port Elizabeth and to prepare to launch to meet her on her arrival.
On arrival on the scene the fisherman, in a stable condition, was transferred onto our sea rescue craft and brought to our sea rescue base in the care of the EMS rescue paramedic and he has been transported to hospital by EMS ambulance for further care.
The operation was completed at 15h46.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 19 Inches – When Size Counts - 9 December 2019
- Update: 9 December Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 4 - 9 December 2019
- Police Seek Missing 7-year-old boy - 9 December 2019
- PE Cops turning the tide on crime - 9 December 2019
- 8 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 9 December 2019