The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to advise residents and businesses that there is a burst in the main pipeline supplying water to a number of areas in Motherwell.
The following areas will be affected: Nu 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
The pipeline has since been shutdown. Infrastructure and Engineering teams are currently busy with the repair. Work will continue through the night and water is expected to be restored by tomorrow morning.
Water tankers have been arranged and will be deployed as required. Information about the exact locations for water tankers will be availed to Ward Councillors.
The municipality would like to apologise for this unforeseen incident.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019
- Mayor Appeals to Residents - 30 September 2019
- Rapid capture of rapist following law enforcement collaboration - 26 September 2019
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019