In the video below actor Robert De Niro tells CNN’s Brian Stelter that President Donald Trump has been worse than he “ever could have imagined” and repeats the words that he said in June 2018 attacking US President Donald Trump on stage during the Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall, New York to a standing ovation.
In countries all over the world the ‘electorate’ are making bad choices that enable bad leaders to reign supreme – closer to home we in the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality have allowed a rampant cabal of 120 Ward Councillors to make ghastly decisions over the money and power that we give them to manage the city on our behalf.
Do yourself a favour and attend just ONE Council meeting and then ask yourself if that is how you envisaged grown humans would carry out the sacred trust to ensure a prosperous, happy and productive city that YOU placed in their hands.
- Our current council of cobbled together alliances is a fucking joke.
- Our Councillors spend more time on party political agendas than actual service delivery
- When last did your Ward Councillor actually reach out to you in a personal manner
- Do you even know who he/she is
- Our Councillors spend enormous amounts of time plotting, securing alliances, arguing, blowing hot air and pointing fingers at each other
- As the employers of these ‘people’ we should be receiving detailed feedback on EXACTLY how much time they spend on SERVICE DELIVERY.
The 2021 local government elections will be the fifth such elections since 1994.
Do yourself ONE FAVOUR at the next Local Elections in 2021 – BEFORE making your cross ask yourself a simple series of questions:
- Do I trust this person to fulfill their promises?
- Is this person one I would feel proud to call Mayor?
- Would I trust this person to run my business?
- Would I like to work for this person?
- Do I see this person as a valued work colleague or person in a position of trust such as doctor, pastor, principal?
- Am I making this decision based on WHO and WHAT this person can do for Nelson Mandela Bay and NOT on his/her political party?
- Will this person put the City First, Citizens Second, Self LAST?
We get the government that WE CHOOSE – nothing more and, to this day, ALWAYS LESS.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- PE policeman rewarded for bravery - 27 January 2020
- Bearing the sweet fruit of perseverance - 27 January 2020
- Coega partners with Free State development agency - 27 January 2020
- Every South African needs to speak out against the NHI - 27 January 2020
- Oversight inspections at NMB tertiary institutions - 27 January 2020