Democratic Alliance supports Nelson Mandela Bay Adjustments budget
The Democratic Alliance today has supported the Nelson Mandela Bay adjustments budget, which was tabled in council.
While we have reservations with regards to certain allocations, we had no choice but to support the budget, as we do not want to give any further reasons for National Treasury to follow through on the withholding of the municipality’s R800 million in equitable share.
The R800 million in equitable share is part of the R3-billion in funds that Treasury has threatened to recoup from the municipality over the forensic report findings relating to fraud and corruption linked to the Integrated Public Transport System (IPTS) conditional grant.
Under the ANC-led coalition of corruption, the Metro has seen a massive decline in its financial stability and its ability to deliver basic services. The City is riddled with corruption and acts of criminality.
When the DA governed Nelson Mandela Bay, we delivered services, stamped out corruption and ensured that the City was financially stable. All this hard work has been undone by the ANC-led coalition of corruption.
Only a DA government can save Nelson Mandela Bay from administrative and financial collapse and ensure clean governance, financial stability and speed up the delivery of basic services.
Jonathan Lawack Cllr
DA NMB Caucus Leader
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Doctor, nurse among 17 cases in Eastern Cape as SA infections top 1,500 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 4 April 2020
- India cricketers make the most of virus lockdown – Lockdown News - 4 April 2020
- Emama Nutrition – Making food packages for people in need - 4 April 2020
- After the storm: protesting refugees settle in to marquee life – News from GroundUp - 4 April 2020
- Eastern Cape hospital workers down tools over alleged lack of protective gear – Port Elizabeth Business News - 4 April 2020