On Monday evening, 12th August, NSRI were alerted to a whale beached at Kabeljous Beach near to Jeffreys Bay.
The Marine Animal Stranding Network were alerted and Marine Scientists and Vets were alerted and activated.
The 11 meter Humpback whale was found to be in a poor condition and suffering.
Marine Animal Stranding Network authorities made the decision to humanely euthanise the whale and on Tuesday morning a police team carried out the humane operation to euthanise the whale under the guidance of marine scientists and vets on the scene.
Kouga Municipality solid waste management are arranging the removal of the whale carcass from the beach under the guidance of Kouga Disaster Risk Management.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 1 Winner and 1 Loser in SA’s Guinness PRO14 camps - 26 January 2020
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020