There are none so blind as those who refuse to see…. Or something like that….
For a moment I thought I had discovered a brand newly launched feature in Gmail – the ability to schedule the sending of an e-mail for a later date.
It turns out that this feature was releases in April 2019 already and I am embarrassed to say that I have only this evening noticed it,
To use the feature is quite easy:
- Compose a new email.
- Click the triangle next to the blue “Send” button.
- Select one of the suggested times, or click “Pick date & time” to customize when exactly you want the message to go out.
- Click “Schedule send”
We have had the ‘snooze’ feature for quite some time now so the ‘send later’ feature is a bonus that is sure to help get people to read e-mails at a time when you KNOW they are working.
Maybe it will help reduce the amount of emails that are sent at odd hours as well.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Name this Game Lodge in the Eastern Cape - 18 November 2019
- Like an Alien UFO Blasting Heavy Metal Above your Home - 17 November 2019
- Backlinks – Huh? When are they a “Good Thing?” - 17 November 2019
- Is the Dairy Industry Horrific? - 17 November 2019
- Watching This Video Broke My Heart - 17 November 2019