There are none so blind as those who refuse to see…. Or something like that….
For a moment I thought I had discovered a brand newly launched feature in Gmail – the ability to schedule the sending of an e-mail for a later date.
It turns out that this feature was releases in April 2019 already and I am embarrassed to say that I have only this evening noticed it,
To use the feature is quite easy:
- Compose a new email.
- Click the triangle next to the blue “Send” button.
- Select one of the suggested times, or click “Pick date & time” to customize when exactly you want the message to go out.
- Click “Schedule send”
We have had the ‘snooze’ feature for quite some time now so the ‘send later’ feature is a bonus that is sure to help get people to read e-mails at a time when you KNOW they are working.
Maybe it will help reduce the amount of emails that are sent at odd hours as well.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Maintain your savings goals despite interest rate cut - 22 July 2019
- This is the Lonely Voice in the EV Wilderness Speaking…. - 22 July 2019
- Grey Hammers Grey - 21 July 2019
- So, Allow the Cynic in me to comment on Round Umpteen of the Proposed Fish Farm - 21 July 2019
- Colourful Kanu - 20 July 2019