The South African National NGO Coalition ( SANGOCO) held a meeting last week on the latest regarding the Non Payment of the Frail Care Centres and Old Age Homes and we note with concern the continued non payment of the frail care centres by the Eastern Cape Department of Social Development.
The Frail Care Centres have been promised that the payment will be made and they have not been paid after almost three months now. This problem has been a crisis since 2016 and the former Premier and former MEC of social Development gave promise after promise to sort out this problem once and for all and yet this problem persists.
Efforts have been made on the matter as well as highlighting inequality in terms of the funding model for Frail Care Centres by the Department of social development.
SANGOCO were hoping that after the elections the new MEC for Social Development would deal with the matter and we are requesting a meeting with the New MEC to raise our concerns and how our members are affected by this problem and the impacts on service delivery of the Frail Care Centres.
The Frail Care Centres were prioritized in the run up to elections as they will be voting as special votes and now that the elections are over nothing is being done to resolve the matter and their vote was to see things happening for their welfare as elderly and frail being addressed and the new administration should be updated on the manner in which things are happening in the department and how this will impact negatively on the running of the Frail Care Centres.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- South Africa (SA) sides determined to bounce back on Guinness PRO14 tour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020
- Boosting a sense of belonging and growing confidence with uniforms - 21 February 2020
- The people of Inxuba Yethemba Municipality demand better services - 21 February 2020
- Next Mazda BT-50 vs New Isuzu D-Max: What’s the Difference? – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020
- Australia vs South Africa Live Stream ? How To Watch Cricket Game Online TV CovERage – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020