PORT ELIZABETH – During routine patrols in Arcadia on Friday, 17 January 2020, Anti-Gang Unit members recovered a firearm and arrested a 45-year-old suspect.
It is alleged that at about 08:10, members were patrolling in Esterhiuizen Street in Arcadia when they noticed a male that is well known to them. The members entered his container and found a pistol, a CZ 7,85. The serial number was filed off. He was arrested and detained on charges of prohibited possession of a firearm, illegal possession of ammunition and possession of dagga. He will appear in court on Monday, 20 January 2020.
On Saturday, 18 January 2020 at about 20:15, SAPS Bethelsdorp members acted on information received of a male wearing a black jacket and blue jeans standing near a shop in Greenfields. The information was immediately followed and the person was spotted. When he saw the police vehicle, he started running. He was apprehended as he stumbled in Norkie Street in Sewende Laan. A revolver and ammunition was found in his possession. He was detained on a charge of prohibited possession of a firearm and illegal possession of ammunition. The 40-year-old male was detained and will appear in court on 20 January 2020.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Business Credit Card application checklist - 17 February 2020
- Great Fun Back Flipping off of Macan - 17 February 2020
- The Hidden Reckless and Wasteful Expenditure Costing Taxpayers Billions - 17 February 2020
- We all need a happy place - 17 February 2020
- Graeme and Marlow to renew rivalry - 17 February 2020