Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 05h53, Sunday, 04 August, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew launched the sea rescue craft Spirit of Toft to patient evacuate a 37 year old Filipino crewman suffering injuries from fall on a cargo carrier approaching Port Elizabeth and requiring evacuation of the sailor to hospital.
We rendezvoused with the ship in Algoa Bay and NSRI rescue crew were transferred aboard and the patient, in a stable condition, was transferred onto our sea rescue craft and brought to shore and he has been taken to hospital by the ships agent for further medical care.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020
- Don’t be a hypocrite – do your bit - 17 January 2020
- Support for a Gun Free South Africa - 17 January 2020
- Heavy rains improve some dam levels - 16 January 2020