Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 05h53, Sunday, 04 August, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew launched the sea rescue craft Spirit of Toft to patient evacuate a 37 year old Filipino crewman suffering injuries from fall on a cargo carrier approaching Port Elizabeth and requiring evacuation of the sailor to hospital.
We rendezvoused with the ship in Algoa Bay and NSRI rescue crew were transferred aboard and the patient, in a stable condition, was transferred onto our sea rescue craft and brought to shore and he has been taken to hospital by the ships agent for further medical care.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020
- Lockdown sees a decrease in serious and violent crimes - 5 April 2020
- Willowvale police investigate murder case - 5 April 2020
- Anti-Gang Unit arrest attempted murder suspect in Bethelsdorp - 5 April 2020
- It has to be said - 5 April 2020