In commemoration of International Mandela Day, The Boardwalk called on its employees and volunteers from local businesses to Rise Against Hunger. The initiative, in collaboration with Rise Against Hunger, saw volunteers invest 67 minutes of their time on packaging lines at The Boardwalk to pack meal parcels for children in need. The goal to pack 69 000 meals was exceeded, with a total of 125,000 packed in a day at The Boardwalk on 16 July 2019.
The Boardwalk was one of eight Sun International properties to participate in the Rise Against Hunger food packing drive this year. This is the fourth consecutive year that Sun International has supported this worthy cause. In the past three years, Sun International has helped pack over 5-million meals at its properties with the help of volunteers from local businesses.
The food parcels packed at The Boardwalk will be distributed to Early Childhood Development Centres around the Eastern Cape.
“In the spirit of Mandela’s immense generosity and love for children, we were honoured to host the 2019 Rise Against Hunger food packing drive at The Boardwalk. Alleviating hunger is something that is close to our hearts and it was indeed heartening to see so many volunteers line up to lend a hand to pack food for needy young children in our community,” says Peggy Mokhatla, The Boardwalk’s CSI Manager.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- How to boost your chances of getting a joint bond - 21 February 2020
- Elrigh Louw Back In Starting XV For Isuzu Southern Kings - 21 February 2020
- Humansdorp to march against rising crime and gangsterism - 21 February 2020
- Too late for a bounce back Kings and Cheetahs? - 21 February 2020
- African Penguin populations in the wild have declined by 95 per cent - 21 February 2020