We are drivers and owners of vehicles operating on the eHailing Apps. That is Ubër, Bolt and inDrive. We feel we can no longer keep quiet while we perish. While we lose fathers and mothers of our kids, while we are constant targets of criminal rings in our place of business; in our city and whilst rendering a crucial service to our communities.
One death is one too many and one hijack is one too many. Last week alone we had 14 reported hijackings of eHailers. Just two weeks ago we buried a father of three, killed whilst dropping off a rider. These are verifiable figures from vehicle tracking and recovery units and the Police. It CANNOT be business as usual while we suffer at the hands of criminals.
On Monday 18 November We will be embarking on a city wide parade and awareness drive to spark and create awareness that our lives matter too. We are NOT soft targets. We are NOT ATMs for criminal scum.
By reaching out to you as a media house we hope and appreciate that we will gain a wider reach and our cries will be heard. Society cannot sit STILL while the onslaught on us continues.
United eHailers of PE/ECEHA
Contact Shaba 072 378 2711
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- SAA can not be rescued and must be liquidated - 22 January 2020
- Move scholar transport back to Education Department - 22 January 2020
- Chaos and uncertainty reigns with distribution of drought relief funding - 22 January 2020
- England’s Jofra Archer has Test recall in his sights – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 January 2020
- Learners sent home after municipality cuts water supply to Pietermaritzburg school – News from GroundUp - 21 January 2020