Tonight’s antics of the EFF to disrupt the State of the Nation Address, on a series of spurious points, shows the childishness and immaturity of the party.
At a time in our nation when urgent solutions are needed to pressing crises in our country, the EFF has chosen to prevent the president confronting these. The DA has expectations for clear and definitive answers from the President tonight, and should he be prevented from addressing the nation we move further backward as a nation.
The EFF must adide the rules of Parliament, and the EFF must allow the President to speak.
Every member in the House, and every south African has the right to hear the State of the Nation tonight.
Natasha Mazzone MP
Chief Whip of the Official Opposition
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- The Lottery and the missing minstrel museum – News from GroundUp - 22 February 2020
- Agar takes hat-trick as Australia hammer South Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 February 2020
- The Australian spinner highlighted that he aspires to become someone like India’s Ravindra Jadeja. – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- Cricket-Agar hat-trick helps Australia thrash S.Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- Port Elizabeth: Woman arrested for possession of suspected stolen motorcycles – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020