The Democratic Alliance (DA) yesterday claimed two by-election victories in Nelson Mandela Bay’s wards 35 and 37. In doing so the party took a step closer to regaining control of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality.
The DA’s Ward 35 candidate, Helga van Staaden, emerged victorious and obtained 83.3% of the vote.
Georgina Faldtman, the DA’s candidate in Ward 37, also won through and obtained 55.4% of the votes cast.
This endorsement from the voters proves that the DA remains on track to return to government in Nelson Mandela Bay.
Under the ANC/EFF/UDM coalition of corruption service delivery in the City, and especially the Northern Areas, has come to a virtual standstill.
The residents of this City have suffered long enough under the ANC/EFF/UDM coalition of corruption and we are confident that a DA-led government will shortly return to power in Nelson Mandela Bay.
DA – 2758 (83%)
ANC – 441 (13,5%)
PA – 34 (1 %)
ACDP – 59 (1,8%)
SRWP – 16 (0,5%)
DA – 2164 (55,4 %)
ANC – 1122 (28,7%)
PA – 557 (14,3%)
ACDP – 62 (1,6%)
SRWP – 33 (0,8%)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cops seize fong kong goods! – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 November 2019
- Portfolio committee on Public Enterprises welcomes Eskom roadmap to reform – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 November 2019
- Giants and Blitz seek to keep MSL momentum going – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Meet the accountant of the future - 20 November 2019
- Support Small Business in the Biggest Way Possible this Festive Season. Shop There. – MyPR.co.za - 20 November 2019