The Democratic Alliance (DA) yesterday claimed two by-election victories in Nelson Mandela Bay’s wards 35 and 37. In doing so the party took a step closer to regaining control of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality.
The DA’s Ward 35 candidate, Helga van Staaden, emerged victorious and obtained 83.3% of the vote.
Georgina Faldtman, the DA’s candidate in Ward 37, also won through and obtained 55.4% of the votes cast.
This endorsement from the voters proves that the DA remains on track to return to government in Nelson Mandela Bay.
Under the ANC/EFF/UDM coalition of corruption service delivery in the City, and especially the Northern Areas, has come to a virtual standstill.
The residents of this City have suffered long enough under the ANC/EFF/UDM coalition of corruption and we are confident that a DA-led government will shortly return to power in Nelson Mandela Bay.
DA – 2758 (83%)
ANC – 441 (13,5%)
PA – 34 (1 %)
ACDP – 59 (1,8%)
SRWP – 16 (0,5%)
DA – 2164 (55,4 %)
ANC – 1122 (28,7%)
PA – 557 (14,3%)
ACDP – 62 (1,6%)
SRWP – 33 (0,8%)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: NMB Business Chamber records surge in certificates of origin issued in Q1 - 26 May 2019
- Why Paul Supports NMB’s bid for The Ocean Race – #TheOceanRaceinNMB - 26 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: Weather forecast forKing Williams Town, Grand Kru (Liberia) - 26 May 2019
- Grahamstown News: Identity of corpse found in Grahamstown still a mystery - 26 May 2019
- White chinned petrel – Algoa Bay - 26 May 2019