Our most prolific authors and contributors are highlighted here:
- Alan Straton: Chief Cook, Bottle Washer and Broom Mechanic at MyPE Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan’s ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; “I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.” See more articles by Alan.
- Fullstop: Full Stop Communications is a public relations consultancy in Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape of South Africa focusing on media relations and copywriting. We drive regional and national media campaigns in a number of fields, most notably in the property, legal and sports arenas. We also specialise in media monitoring, ghostwriting, editing, translation and advertising. See more articles by Full Stop.
- Tanya Wyatt: Tanya started out as a professional ballet dancer. Swopping her pointe shoes for takkies, she decided being a hip hop dancer was way cooler, so chopped off her bun and joined a street dance company. For many years, she also taught dance and fitness classes in Cape Town before deciding that nutrition and lifestyle coaching was the way to help people change their state of health for the better. So, while writing two health and fitness books, she moved to London to study and began her ‘real life’ – that as a health and lifestyle coach. She’s been in private practice for 10 years now, is a mom of a 7-year old pig-tailed ball of energy, writes for various national and local health publications and is a health presenter when the occasion arises. Oh – and once a dancer, always a dancer – she’s also taken up ballet pole dancing 🙂 Click here to contact Tanya.
- Sally Davies: Sally Davies M.A. (Clin Psych) (University of the Witwatersrand, 1996) is a registered Clinical Psychologist and a Divorce Mediator accredited with FAMAC. With a special interest in Health Psychology, Sally consults with people undergoing surgery or suffering chronic pain, and those struggling with eating, body image or weight issues. She also offers couple and family therapy. Her consulting rooms are at 5 How Avenue, Centrahil, Port Elizabeth and you can contact her on 041 450 0196 or at sally (dot) davies (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Port Elizabethan: This author is a ‘catch-all’ for occasional articles and letters written to MyPE. The Author of each article can be found in the signature at the bottom of each individual article.
- NMB Communications: Media Communications at Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality. The Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality Communications Department is responsible for communicating pertinent Municipal news from Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch. Municipality Contact Details. See more articles by NMB Communication’s.
- Siyathetha: Ed Richardson is the managing director and brain behind the Siyathetha brand and is rumoured to be one of the most effective weapons of mass communication in the Eastern Cape. See more articles by Siyathetha.
- Tim Hewitt-Coleman: Tim is an award winning Port Elizabeth Architect in private practice. He serves as president of the Eastern Cape Institute of Architects and believes that through design, and by starting with our cities, the world can be made to be a better place. He writes from time on these and other issues on his blog: The Urban Circle
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- East Cape sentencing should serve as deterrent: NPA - 22 July 2019
- Maintain your savings goals despite interest rate cut - 22 July 2019
- This is the Lonely Voice in the EV Wilderness Speaking…. - 22 July 2019
- Grey Hammers Grey - 21 July 2019
- So, Allow the Cynic in me to comment on Round Umpteen of the Proposed Fish Farm - 21 July 2019