The Zuurberg Mountain Village is a haven of historical delight set high up on the Zuurberg Mountains. It is a tranquil & truly unique mountain top retreat set in 160 hectares of indigenous vegetation with breathtaking views overlooking the Addo Elephant National Park.
The Zuurberg Manor is the original part of the hotel dating back to 1861. It is comprised of 9 spacious rooms, 5 of which are family suites. Each room has a full bathroom with shower and bath, mini-bar and private patio with spectacular views.
The hotel’s main dining area is enhanced by several features – the counter hand-crafted by the 1820 Settlers, fireplaces & French doors leading to the pool where alfresco dining may be enjoyed on balmy summer nights. Guests can be expected to enjoy a leisurely country breakfast and during the day the Terrace menu is available for light snacks. Zuurberg Mountain Village offers a classic 5 course Carvery or Table d’hôte. The Zuurberg Mountain Villages Traditional Sunday Carvery is legendary. Guests still travel from afar to celebrate this gourmet experience.
Activities and leisure facilities include hiking trails, horse trails, bird watching, pool tables, tennis courts, swimming pool, kiddies playground area and most importantly, game drives such as the Addo Elephant Park Game Drive and Elephant Back Safaris. The Addo Elephant Park Game Drive offers half or full day drives with Big 5 game viewing opportunities. Both drives include drinks and snacks and the full day drive also include a barbeque lunch.
Zuurberg Mountain Village is a proud member of Cape Country Routes. For more information visit www.capecountryroutes.com or follow them on Facebook www.facebook.com/CapeCountryRoutes/ or on Twitter @CapeCountryR.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Azamara® Expands Partnership with World Wildlife Fund to Unveil Destination Conservation Shore Excursions and Themed-Sailings, a First for WWF – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 December 2019
- Farmers turn to government en masse as EC drought worsens – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Madibaz women take bronze at USSA water polo week – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Warren and the Lightweight – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 December 2019
- Mamelodi floods: “I watched as my shack was swept away” – News from GroundUp - 12 December 2019