Straton Solar recently forced a scam web site and company to shut down (the scam company was ‘Straton Solar CC’) the perpetrators of this scam have now resorted to placing classified adverts on a number of online sites advertising their dubious products. A recent advert submitted to the MyPE Classifieds for Zintex Solar Lights was deleted.
Thie elaborate scam starts off with ‘Tender Requests’ being sent to a number of recipients. The latest ‘tender’ coming from ‘Transnet’. The potential tenderer then embarks on a Google Search to source these Zintex Solar Lights and is given a price which is duly submitted to ‘Transnet’. ‘Transnet’ then place the order and use a number of techniques between themselves and Zintex Solar to scam the hapless tenderer out of money.
The key to these scams is that the ‘supplier’ AND the person placing the tender request are the SAME people.
Be warned that in business caution is the way to go whenever something sounds too good to be true especially, in this case, when it comes to Zintex Solar Lights.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Would you stand in a cage whilst Lions are baited? Then why Sharks? - 23 May 2018
- Another Reason to Move the Manganese to Coega – the Lithium-ion industry - 23 May 2018
- Eastern Cape’s failing primary healthcare facilities - 23 May 2018
- Honouring Madiba on Africa Day - 23 May 2018
- EC Born Sailing Olympian Gives Back - 23 May 2018