On 02/02/2019, Zanele answered 5 Questions about Port Elizabeth for publication on MyPE:
1. Are you Port Elizabeth born and bred?: No
2. Favourite part of Port Elizabeth?: I was born and bred in JHB relocated to PE in 2016. My favorite part in PE is the ocean . I just love the ocean hence I relocated and I thought PE was a peaceful place ,it is to a certain extent compared to the buzzing Jozi. I have since relocated my whole family this side and we are adjusting quite well with my boys. There’s loads of activities taking place and there’s a lot of potential talent-wise and business-wise. People in PE need to be more open minded and cease the opportunities right here in PE and not relocate to other places for a better living .
3. Complete this sentence; “Port Elizabeth would be better with …………”: Port Elizabeth would be better with less crimes I swear sometimes I feel I’m in Compton .People always say JHB is dangerous never compared to this small Bay a lot happens day in day out unnecessary shootings be it gang related or not (New Brighton), petty crimes, mob justice (Motherwell NU6 false rape incident) Fraudulent tenders,,, I can go on and on . But in essence what I’m trying to say is its up to us the people who reside in PE to make it a better place to leave in . This place is a tourist destination but we have such crisis Bay Tourism axes 80% of its employees
4. Your PE Secret Spot?: I call it my Jacuzzi in Summerstrand on the beach there is a place with rocks where the water gets trapped by the rocks I can lay there for hours reading my book .its so serene and hidden
5. Your favourite PE Memory ever?: When I attended Ebubeleni in 2016 at Scribanate . I had so much fun , I’ve since become a stanch attender ever since . Though the experience is slowly deteriorating I still go and hope the organizers can do better .
Catch Zanele here:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: ConCourt dismisses Panayiotou’s bid to appeal conviction - 18 August 2019
- Domingo to head Bangladesh’s burgeoning boerewors brigade – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 August 2019
- Five arrested for EC business robbery – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 August 2019
- Springbok Women qualify for 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 August 2019
- Foxes guarding the hen house - 17 August 2019