As part of the ongoing upgrade of the MyPE business directory we are incorporating schema markup on the listing pages for each business.
HUH, I hear you say. Just hang in there or scroll down to the image to see what we are on about and why it is a good thing for your business.
Search engines including Bing, Google, Yahoo! and Yandex rely on schema markup to improve the display of search results, making it easier for people to find the right Web pages.
On-page markup enables search engines to understand the information on web pages and provide richer search results in order to make it easier for users to find relevant information on the web.
A shared markup vocabulary makes it easier for webmasters to decide on a markup schema and get the maximum benefit for their efforts. So, in the spirit of sitemaps.org, search engines have come together to provide a shared collection of schemas that webmasters can use.
In other words the on page markup data acts as a signal to search engines telling them what each specific set of data on the page represents – so here we can tall them what the name of the business is, the description, the address, what reviewers are saying and the rating scores.
The search engines in turn take this info and present it in their search results.
To put it another way – those listings you see in search engine results that have rating stars, review extracts etc are all as a result of search engines finding schema markup on web sites such as MyPE.
If you want this data applied to your web site then contact us.
In the meantime a visual example below will help in your understanding:
It will take some time for Google to apply this data to all the business listings on MyPE so we recommend that you get moving on the suggestions below.
How you can take advantage of this:
- Encourage your clients to post reviews of your business on MyPE
- Encourage your clients to rate your business on MyPE
- Find your business listing on MyPE and promote it on your own web site and via social media
- Upgrade to a paid for listing.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Repo rate remains unchanged - 21 November 2019
- 8 Year Trade Agreement to Generate over R30 Million Sales Revenue for Rural Farmers - 21 November 2019
- Understatement of the Year; “SOEs remain under pressure” - 20 November 2019
- 100 Free Tickets Available - 20 November 2019
- Organisation expanding expertise to the African diaspora - 20 November 2019