Kalagadi Manganese have given notice of their intention to apply for a new Atmospheric Emission Licence (AEL) for the Kalagadi Manganese Smelter, in terms of Section 38(3) of the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act (39 of 2004).
The smelter will be constructed in Zone 5 of the Coega Industrial Development Zone, Port Elizabeth.
A copy of the AEL application can be downloaded from the website of Coastal & Environmental Services – Kalagadi Manganese Smelter Atmospheric Emission Licence (AEL) Application.
Any person or organisation who wishes to comment on the application may make written submissions to Coastal & Environmental Services. The comment submission period is from 5 September 2011 to 30 September 2011. Comments should be e-mailed, posted or faxed for attention, Bill Rowlston at info[at]cesnet.co.za; P.O. Box 934, Grahamstown, 6140 or 046 622 6564.
According to the AEL application the proposed Kagaladi Smelter site at 12 metres above sea level is 11 kilometres from Port Elizabeth, 4 kilometres from Motherwell, 7.5 kilometres from Bluewater Bay, 16 kilometres from Sundays River, 18 kilometres from Colchester, 16 kilometres from the Addo National Park and 4 kilometres from the Port of Ngqura.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Road Fatalities Down - 22 January 2018
- Ramaphosa fires a salvo into one of Zuma’s biggest corruption camps - 22 January 2018
- Study finds corruption hurts local R&D and innovation - 22 January 2018
- Microplastic Particles Reach Antarctica - 22 January 2018
- Manganese Ore Dust Pollution – Monday 22 January 2018 - 22 January 2018