Staff at Addo Elephant National Park are adding the finer details to their plans for this year’s December school holiday programme, taking place from 4 to 14 December.
On each of these days at 9AM, youngsters between the ages of five and 13 will be treated to a special guided game drive to explore all the Park has to offer. They’ll get up close to he Addo ellies, the first inhabitants of the Park and all the other animals which now call Addo home. They will hear all about the Big Five and even the smaller creatures of the Park, like the infamous flightless dung beetle. The drives can accommodate a minimum of five and a maximum of 22 children, at a cost of only R60 per children. Parents need to ensure their childrens’ spot by signing them up early at the Game Drives Reception office.
A range of other activities are planned for the afternoons between 13:30 and 15:00 at the Park’s Interpretive Centre at no cost, and is open to all ages:
- Monday 4 December: Face painting
- Tuesday 5 December: The spotted hyena – story telling
- Wednesday 6 December: What is the Big Seven?
- Thursday 7 December: Explore nature on foot – a walk on the wild side
- Friday 8 December: Movie corner on a big screen
- Monday 11 December: Face painting
- Tuesday 12 December: Scavenger hunt
- Wednesday 13 December: What is your favourite animal?
- Thursday 14 December: Movie corner
Please note, the activities may be cancelled due to bad weather conditions. Conservation fees are payable upon entry for all visitors, including holiday programme participants. For further information regarding bookings, please don’t hesitate to contact the Park directly on 042 233 8600.