This Friday 20 September marks the start of the week-long Global Climate Strike, until the 27th of September. This movement (https://globalclimatestrike.net/) has been initiated by young Greta Thunberg to raise awareness and urge actions to be taken to reduce our impact on climate changes.
In Port Elizabeth, volunteers will gather at the City Hall this Friday from 11h00 (expecting to end latest 14h00).
The goals are:
- to show solidarity with movements locally and globally, including those within this city who are marking this day by taking action.
- to make our concerns known to our fellow citizens and our municipality
- to contribute to developing the discussion about what climate change means to us in Port Elizabeth
- to engage people young and old in figuring out how we should respond to the climate crisis
Bring water, snacks if needed, and posters making clear your concerns about what the climate crisis means for us in Port Elizabeth.
Contact: Nicole 0828388659. (https://www.facebook.com/events/3537703576247164/)
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Will the bell toll today for Executive Mayor Bobani? - 17 October 2019
- The Impact of 4IR on Maritime Skills - 16 October 2019
- Ocean Race Announces Itajai – Is Nelson Mandela Bay Next? - 16 October 2019
- Fundaba and Business Zero Targets SME’s - 16 October 2019
- Unabridged birth certificates no longer required for overseas tourists - 15 October 2019