Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
You are important to us … by BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog:
I have not written for ages, because of both physical and mental constraints, but also because I’ve been traveling again!
I will try and join the dots …
But I had a rushed return too. Straight from the airport, Phillip rushed me to Advice Works to see Ryan Truelove.They are looking at my financial portfolio. It took far longer than I had anticipated and I sent Phillip home. Besides lots of talking, I signed a form to allow them to peruse my financial status ( or lack thereof!).
Darron Nel took me home and then off I went to visit my sister. I fell into bed after supper – exhausted!
By this morning, the beeps had started and the phone calls came streaming in … It was my broker, Discovery, Sanlam, Liberty Life, bank consultant, Standard Bank ,… Suddenly, they were all concerned about my welfare! Some I haven’t heard from in years! Now, I must know that “you are important to us!
Was it me or was it my meager investments they were all interested in?
Bang went my lie in and my quiet Friday morning of rest and recuperation!
The minister at Derek’s funeral spoke a lot about heaven where, according to him, Derek has gone and where some of us hope we are going … He mentioned nothing of the financial systems there .
It surely can’t be heaven if all those people and institutions are going there too?
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Kevin Peraza Wins Best Trick Event with Never-Been-Done 180 Backflip Tailwhip over a spine. – MyPR.co.za - 23 August 2019
- 16 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Commercial Property for Sale in Cotswold – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 August 2019
- Spring special at Dempsey’s Guest House – Featured Blog - 22 August 2019
- ACSA creates wheelchair-friendly options at PE airport – MyPR.co.za - 22 August 2019