Yazeed estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of R2500 per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Yazeed’s asset is estimated to be: R65000.
Yazeed has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “The Coega, Zone 7 Tank Farm entrance stands unused after being completed by October 2014….
The Friendly City needs the revenue created by the Volvo Ocean Yacht Race.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: Elderly Jan Steenberg hopes government could keep their promises - 21 August 2019
- Ladies aim at legendary status – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 August 2019
- 4 Bedroom House for Sale in Bethelsdorp – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 August 2019
- Lingcom Primary School construction site a danger to learners - 21 August 2019
- Request to establish fresh Gwatyu land rights enquiry - 21 August 2019