Yazeed estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of R2500 per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Yazeed’s asset is estimated to be: R65000.
Yazeed has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “The Coega, Zone 7 Tank Farm entrance stands unused after being completed by October 2014….
The Friendly City needs the revenue created by the Volvo Ocean Yacht Race.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage in the news: Bogus cop offers jobs at Uitenhage SAPS, defrauds applicants - 18 February 2018
- The 76 Youth remembered on Route 67 – Featured Blog - 17 February 2018
- Bhisho news: Bhisho asks for drought billions - 17 February 2018
- PE in the news: Priya Prakash Varrier Bowls Over SA Paceman Lungi Ngidi With Her Seductive Wink - 17 February 2018
- Mandela University professor one of Pew’s 2018 Marine Fellows to Address Global Ocean Issues - 17 February 2018