Yazeed estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of R2500 per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Yazeed’s asset is estimated to be: R65000.
Yazeed has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “The Coega, Zone 7 Tank Farm entrance stands unused after being completed by October 2014….
The Friendly City needs the revenue created by the Volvo Ocean Yacht Race.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bird Watching in the Bay – Featured Blog - 23 May 2018
- Uitenhage in the news: Math-Art competition adds up to creative innovation - 23 May 2018
- York looking for hat-trick of titles in Hockey Challenge – MyPR.co.za - 23 May 2018
- Mthatha news: Torture claims rock the ZCC - 23 May 2018
- Bhisho news: Bhisho opens arms to mother tongues - 23 May 2018