One of the wonderful things about Sailing Regattas is the banter afterwards. At the RYC 24 Hour Sailing Regatta I was censured by Daryll Garner (L) for making my crew do most of the work on our 420. And the prize was a choice between Wine and Chocolates. Wine for the crew it has to be – I considered chocolates but want to go faster next time… #420, #RedhouseYachtClub, #alanstraton, #sailing #regatta #abycpe – Taken by the Editor whilst wandering aimlessly about pretending to be in the know.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Are you a One in Four? - 26 April 2018
- How to approach building your own home - 26 April 2018
- Yacht Nemesis before the start of the 2018 Vasco Da Gama Ocean Race - 26 April 2018
- Sailors Beware – Severe Weather Warning Issued - 25 April 2018
- Who is your money on? Kings or Cheetahs? - 25 April 2018
Previous: Three ABYC Buoys