Planet Earth is 4.5 Billion Years Old.
Humankind is about 140 000 years old.
Place humankind’s life span against Planet Earth’s in terms of a 24 hour clock and mankind is how old?
As the human population continues to grow, so does our impact on the environment. In fact, recent research has shown that three-quarters of Earth’s land surface is under pressure from human activity. In this short film, spoken word artist Prince Ea makes a powerful case for protecting the planet and challenges the human race to create a sustainable future. Winner of the Film4Climate competition organized by the Connect4Climate Program of the World Bank (film4climate.net).
In the time that we have been on Planet Earth we have:
- Rubbished our name as Homo Sapiens
- Created Nuclear Warfare
- Covered our ears and closed our eyes to Mother Nature’s screams
- Created more pollution than ever before
- Cut down more trees than ever before
- Increased the extinction rate of animals by One Thousand the normal rate
- In the next 10 to 15 years every animal character in every children’s book is predicted to go extinct
- In our lifetime we will see Lions, Rhino, Tiger, Gorilla, Elephant, Polar Bear… GONE
- Species that have been here longer than US will be gone because of US
- The circle of life has become our own personal conveyor belt
The real crisis is US.
It is our duty to protect Mother Nature from those who refuse to see her beauty.
Time is of the essence and ONLY TOGETHER can we make it to 4 Seconds.