Image by Meraj Chhaya
On 23 April 2016
seventeen twenty yachts will set sail for Port Elizabeth from Durban – two from Port Elizabeth, Nemesis and Wallbanger – will be taking part in this epic Ocean Race. Here is hoping that the Port St Johns sunrise that they will see on the way down the Wild Coast will be as epic as this one and, more importantly, from the sea side!
On-board Wallbanger will be the MyPE Editor so expect the updates to mainly be about yachting and then to dry up for a bit as we battle with sleepless nights, no mobile signal and, hopefully, no big seas. But, as luck would have it we will probably be wet, cold and exhilarated as we battle big seas and wind on the nose in a boat with only four crew racing to beat last year’s time. In the 2015 race Wallbanger finished first over the line in the PHRF class after sailing the shortest distance on the smallest yacht with the least crew (of 4).
If you would like your company name included as a sponsor in the updates from Wallbanger then contact Alan HERE. Have a look at the estimated reach from one article on MyPE HERE.
The Wallbanger crew this year will include: John Tudehope (owner and skipper and past Sailing Commodore of ABYC), Sean Wiseman (President of ABYC), Andrew Martin (Commodore of RYC) and Alan Straton (Commodore of ABYC). A heavyweight crew quite unique in the annals of the 45th sailing of this event.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Duck – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 November 2019
- Rhodes Women – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 November 2019
- Road safety awareness rolled out to communities: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 November 2019
- PE woman shot and killed in city’s northern areas – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019
- Young UFS cricketer in ICU after heart stops beating – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019