On 23/05/2019 Riaan pledged support for Nelson Mandela Bay’s bid to host the 2021 stopover for The Ocean Race.
Riaan du Toit says:
I think it would be great to revive the sailing tourism in Port Elizabeth, a city which has previously been a sailing attraction and has since stagnated. The bay is an ideal spot, especially with all the marine research done in the area bringing the Ocean race to PE will not only put it on the map, but also raise awareness for all the ocean research being done and the clean oceans message this city supports.
Riaan would like to assist as:
I would like to be involved as a volunteer. Where a helping hand is needed to host the event in Port Elizabeth. I will support it.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: Uitenhage public works employees want permanent jobs - 19 June 2019
- Contemplative Run - 19 June 2019
- Grahamstown News: Lights, water, action … Makhanda show will go on despite crises - 19 June 2019
- Flying the Flag - 19 June 2019
- Great God Almighty – Stacey Gibbs - 19 June 2019