On 29/05/2019 Michael pledged support for Nelson Mandela Bay’s bid to host the 2021 stopover for The Ocean Race.
Michael Straton says:
The proposed ‘Arena’ by the Port of Port Elizabeth and the showcasing of our Inner City due to that arena’s close proximity to Route 67 and the Campanile will offer a spectacular greeting for the finishing yachts. Imagine the Campanile Bells ringing out our National Anthem in a joyous greeting for weary yachtsman sailing into the Port with the tugs spraying water in the air – what a marvelous spectacle that would be!
BA Systems would like to assist as: Our technical expertise would definitely be of value to The Ocean Race Village AND we would be proud to showcase the magnificent World Class work completed on the Campanile and other landmarks in the City.
Find BA Systems here: http://basystems.co.za/historic-campanile-memorial/
Editor – see and hear the Camapanile Bells playing the National Anthem for the VERY FIRST time below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Get it up – Team Sailing League Regatta - 22 January 2020
- SAA can not be rescued and must be liquidated - 22 January 2020
- Move scholar transport back to Education Department - 22 January 2020
- Chaos and uncertainty reigns with distribution of drought relief funding - 22 January 2020
- England’s Jofra Archer has Test recall in his sights – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 January 2020