On 29/05/2019 Michael pledged support for Nelson Mandela Bay’s bid to host the 2021 stopover for The Ocean Race.
Michael Straton says:
The proposed ‘Arena’ by the Port of Port Elizabeth and the showcasing of our Inner City due to that arena’s close proximity to Route 67 and the Campanile will offer a spectacular greeting for the finishing yachts. Imagine the Campanile Bells ringing out our National Anthem in a joyous greeting for weary yachtsman sailing into the Port with the tugs spraying water in the air – what a marvelous spectacle that would be!
BA Systems would like to assist as: Our technical expertise would definitely be of value to The Ocean Race Village AND we would be proud to showcase the magnificent World Class work completed on the Campanile and other landmarks in the City.
Find BA Systems here: http://basystems.co.za/historic-campanile-memorial/
Editor – see and hear the Camapanile Bells playing the National Anthem for the VERY FIRST time below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Which SOE Last Made a Profit in 2011? - 12 November 2019
- Detective shortages, training in EC must be prioritised - 12 November 2019
- E-Visa pilot system - 12 November 2019
- Leeuwkop prisoner says officials gave him electric shocks in showers – News from GroundUp - 12 November 2019
- South African Aberdare Cables seeks to supply Nigeria with quality cables and transformers – Port Elizabeth Business News - 12 November 2019