On 29/05/2019 Michael pledged support for Nelson Mandela Bay’s bid to host the 2021 stopover for The Ocean Race.
Michael Straton says:
The proposed ‘Arena’ by the Port of Port Elizabeth and the showcasing of our Inner City due to that arena’s close proximity to Route 67 and the Campanile will offer a spectacular greeting for the finishing yachts. Imagine the Campanile Bells ringing out our National Anthem in a joyous greeting for weary yachtsman sailing into the Port with the tugs spraying water in the air – what a marvelous spectacle that would be!
BA Systems would like to assist as: Our technical expertise would definitely be of value to The Ocean Race Village AND we would be proud to showcase the magnificent World Class work completed on the Campanile and other landmarks in the City.
Find BA Systems here: http://basystems.co.za/historic-campanile-memorial/
Editor – see and hear the Camapanile Bells playing the National Anthem for the VERY FIRST time below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: Shanghai Jazz Stars set to perform in Cape Town - 20 June 2019
- Bhisho News: Weather forecast forBhisho, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 20 June 2019
- Mthatha News: ‘I don’t understand why this is my fault’: Backtracking frustrates student nurses - 20 June 2019
- King Williams Town News: 2012 Dodge Journey 3.6 V6 R/t A/t for sale in Eastern Cape - 20 June 2019
- Madibaz golfers primed for USSA title defence – MyPR.co.za - 20 June 2019