DA to inspect sewerage spill flowing into Swartkops river in Uitenhage
Tomorrow, Friday 28 February 2020, DA NMB Spokesperson for Infrastructure and Engineering, Councillor Masixole Zinto, and Winterhoek Constituency Leader, MPL Marshall von Buchenroder, joined by Uitenhage DA Public Representatives, will conduct an oversight inspection in Uitenhage, where there is raw sewerage flowing into the Swartkops River.
This specific spill has reportedly been flowing for more than a year, with raw sewerage contaminating the river and making living conditions unbearable for residents due to the ongoing stench.
Councillors have repeatedly reported the problem to the relevant authorities at the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, with no remedial action taking place.
The Metro has seen a massive decline in its ability to deliver basic services.
Details of the oversight are as follows:
- Date: Friday, 28 February 2020
- Time: 09:00
- Location: Corner of Union Avenue and Marconi Street, Uitenhage
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time to Bring on the Reserves - 30 March 2020
- SASSA Payments Underway - 30 March 2020
- COVID-19 Lockdown Infringement and Other Important Telephone Numbers - 30 March 2020
- Does Your Web Site link to SA Coronavirus? - 30 March 2020
- R150 Million Relief Fund - 30 March 2020