For many years the white people of this country have sat back and watched as affirmative action takes place. But over the past few weeks I for one has started to notice a change. White people are staring to fight back, or protest if you will. And the are not doing it with pangas and guns but using the modern technology of today. Firstly SAA advertised that no white people should apply for its pilot training. This was challenged by a white person who took it to the media and of course the issue being in the spotlight and with comments such as “lets forget SAA, fly BA” this made the company backtrack on this racist and antiquated policy.
And now it is the time of Woolworths who advertised that only black, coloured and Indians must apply for vacant positions. And this also brought to the media attention, so much so that Steve Hofmeyer has said he will stop buying their products. So it seems that the wheel is staring to turn, no matter how slow, it is turning. This should be a wake up call to all other companies to not make the same mistakes. It could be to your detriment
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- TEDxPortElizabeth Salon 2: Breaking Barriers – Nelson Mandela Bay - 29 March 2020
- WATCH | Bok captain Siya Kolisi’s message to South Africans in lockdown – Port Elizabeth in the News - 29 March 2020
- LIVE: Stricter measures expected as 209 more die from coronavirus in UK – Lockdown News - 29 March 2020
- Are you STILL confused by Mini Circles? - 29 March 2020
- “Our entire livelihoods are coming to a standstill” says waste picker – News from GroundUp - 29 March 2020