Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Where to from here? by Keep Passing the Open Windows:
I’ve just made some food for a man who is going around the neighbourhood and looking for odd jobs to do. As I watched him walk away I couldn’t help but wonder how the rest of his day will be. I am here, coddled and sheltered in my home, watching TV while I catch up on some work that I haven’t been able to get to with the kids here. I’m surrounded by the cats, enjoying my giant cup of pomegranate rooibos tea, and I’m quite content, despite the mundane and repetitive nature of the task at hand.
But what about him?
Where will he go?
Will he find a job today?
What will he do if he doesn’t?
Does he have somewhere to sleep tonight?
Where is his family?
How does he fix this hole that he is in?
If he got a permanent job today, would it make a difference?
How do you get to where I am without just being lucky?
Because that’s the only difference between us: luck.
And that doesn’t really seem fair, now does it?
Read more here: Keep Passing the Open Windows
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Head For The Hills 2019 – MyPR.co.za - 22 November 2019
- Dream11 Team Prediction Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz, Mzansi Super League – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 November 2019
- ‘Sex pest’ Breytenbach found at mother’s house near Mossel Bay – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 November 2019
- Madibaz ready to apply themselves at USSA chess week – MyPR.co.za - 21 November 2019
- PP complaint leads to arrest of suspects allegedly involved in Siyenza toilet scandal - 21 November 2019