In terms of transformation.
In the match day 23 squads across the two Super Rugby rounds‚ 40 players of colour were named in the squads.
In the first round‚ 22 players of African origin were picked.
The Southern Kings (eight and nine)‚ Stormers (eight and eight) Bulls (seven and seven) and Cheetahs (eight and seven) have led the way.
The Lions (four and four) and the Sharks (five and five) have been the worst offenders.
Now, if only the Southern Kings can work out a way to keep our talented players and not lose them to big money franchises.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 100 First aid kits handed over to local schools - 28 February 2020
- Loadshedding? Possibly, Maybe! - 28 February 2020
- Big Weekend for Kings and Cheetahs - 28 February 2020
- Police hunt Kabega Park business robbery suspects - 27 February 2020
- TNPA Responds to Oil Tank Farm Disappointment - 27 February 2020