In terms of transformation.
In the match day 23 squads across the two Super Rugby rounds‚ 40 players of colour were named in the squads.
In the first round‚ 22 players of African origin were picked.
The Southern Kings (eight and nine)‚ Stormers (eight and eight) Bulls (seven and seven) and Cheetahs (eight and seven) have led the way.
The Lions (four and four) and the Sharks (five and five) have been the worst offenders.
Now, if only the Southern Kings can work out a way to keep our talented players and not lose them to big money franchises.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Rhodes Res Names to Change - 24 April 2018
- Open invitation to submit ideas for new City landmark and iconic destination - 24 April 2018
- Prestigious Substantial Prize for PE’s Ubuntu Pathways - 24 April 2018
- Algoa Bay Welcomes Second Boat Based Whale Watching Outfit - 23 April 2018
- Coega SEZ nominated for international award - 23 April 2018