Trying to get out of our rather staid ways the Longhair, her Apprentice and I popped in to a new restaurant with an old name on Friday night. Overlooking the sea, this cafe type restaurant has location, location, location. A bonus for me was that I met an old school mate at the entrance who is an owner in the establishment.
What followed was quite disappointing and I place my concerns here hoping that my old mate will take my advice, as a lowly person who eats for a living, and apply it so that he may become stronger.
My list of concerns:
- Not enough light at the table to read the menu
- The complete lack of a front of house
- Too few serving personnel
- Long waits for service and food
- Some people (like me) appreciate being offered another drink as the first one is finished – this did NOT happen
- The food was not to the same standard as the other two restaurants in PE of the same name – my lamb chops were rare, as asked for, but warmed up (rare lamb chops should have crispy fat and surface whilst being moist and pink inside – I gave up chewing)
- The Apprentice didn’t enjoy her salad
- The Longhair’s prawns lost their prawn taste a long time ago
- I didn’t get salad dressing for my salad which, when asked for, came in a half portion compared to my dining companions
- The Longhair and Apprentice had to take serviettes to the ablutions which they reported as not being spick and span – neither was the hand dryer working
- Acquaintances of mine at another table, when asked by the waiter if they had enjoyed their meal, said; “At least the coffee was good!”
- The Longhair, when paying, was told by the waiter that he was just hanging on as the place “is a shambles”.
Old Mate – running a restaurant is a brutal, brutal business requiring constant care, the least YOU could do is inspect every single plate that leaves your kitchen and apply some of my suggestions.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Mount Road police nab drug suspect - 16 January 2019
- Have you Seen Nina Thompson? - 16 January 2019
- Derby time for SA teams in Guinness PRO14 - 16 January 2019
- Business Chamber rejects Eskom’s MYPD 4 application - 16 January 2019
- How did @ubereats know? - 16 January 2019