Fort Frederick is the oldest building in Port Elizabeth and said to be the first permanent stone structure built by the British in Africa south of the Equator. The fort was built in August 1799 near t more…
The highs and lows….. This year has had some serious lows but also quite a few highs. The lowest of the lows was getting divorced! Clearly not something anybody wants or plans on happening and more…
The Donkin Reserve and Route 67 truly are two of Port Elizabeth’s iconic attractions. The one is historic and linked to the very early history of the city while the second brings together all th more…
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and Cycling South Africa present the Africa Cup - 16 July 2019
- New Mantis website launched - 16 July 2019
- Responsible Business - 16 July 2019
- Library and Literacy Centre opens in Zwide - 16 July 2019
- Paul Gardiner says; “It is Time” - 16 July 2019