Numerous attempts to resolve the issue of garbage being dumped in Marylebone Street, Westering has fallen on deaf ears.
I have spoken to the Ward Councillor on numerous occasions and still this problem persists. There appears to be a lack of accountability to ratepayers.
We are sick & tired of being lied to with promise upon promise and to date nothing – no blue bins, no investigation, no sign-age, nothing.
There needs to be better control of the public swimming pool area.
The Municipality does not allow their patrons to park on the lawn/grassed area within the borders of the public pool, yet it seems to be OK and permissible for these patrons to park on MY front lawn – the very lawn which I maintain and carry the cost of keeping clean & tidy on behalf of the Municipality.
Patrons of this very same public pool leave their garbage & alcohol bottles outside the borders of the pool, in front of & on the lawns of our property.
The municipal bye laws are clear – public drinking is an offence.
I am openly pleading with the Ward Councillor to please sort this out.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Road safety awareness rolled out to communities: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 November 2019
- PE woman shot and killed in city’s northern areas – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019
- Young UFS cricketer in ICU after heart stops beating – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019
- Greenmarket Square traders ask government to address refugee situation – News from GroundUp - 16 November 2019
- Road safety awareness rolled out to communities: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 16 November 2019