We seem to be blaming our President for every wrong thing these days so we may as well blame him for the increase in our country’s murder rate as well. (In the run up to the 2016 Elections around 20 politicians were murdered – some may say that is too few!)
The South African Police Ministry’s top brass appeared before the Parliamentary Committee of Police on Friday to table the 2015/16 crime statistics.
Looking at the graph of the increase in Murder Rate after a steady drop was arrested in 2011 only to increase every year thereafter, I was struck to just how similar the graph was to the trajectory of our Rand against the Dollar.
Have a look below to see how eerily similar the graphs are – could there be a correlation between our increasing slide into poverty and the murder rate?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- I am Kinda Glad I don’t Eat Meat - 6 December 2019
- Manhunt for four suspects in E Cape - 6 December 2019
- 5 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 5 December 2019
- The most destructive mayor in Nelson Mandela Bay’s history REMOVED - 5 December 2019
- Happy 14th Birthday - 5 December 2019