Algoa FM’s afternoon drive show presenter Wayne Hart has accepted an offer to join a Port Elizabeth-based corporate as its marketing manager.
Hart, who joined Algoa FM in 2006, has been presenting the afternoon drive show for the past seven years. “Wayne’s pursuit of success in radio, has stood him in good stead and I have no doubt that he will apply his passion wherever he goes.” says Alfie Jay, Operations Director of Algoa FM.
“It was a very difficult decision to make because of my love for radio. However, I’ve been offered a great opportunity and I guess it is high time for me to also do some adulting”, says Hart.
But this is not a complete goodbye as the station has agreed to retain Hart’s services as presenter of the Algoa FM Top 30, powered by Bay West. “I am truly humbled that management will continue to provide me with the privilege of being on air every Saturday morning. Algoa FM is not just a great radio brand or a great business, it’s also my family”, says Hart.
The station is in the process of recruiting a suitable drive show host and will make this announcement as soon as possible, according to Jay.
“Wayne has agreed to continue presenting the afternoon drive until we are ready to roll out the new show. We’d like to thank him for his service to the brand and wish him every success going forward”, says Dave Tiltmann, managing director of Algoa FM.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Consumers cautioned against sacrificing insurance to offset looming financial pinch - 26 March 2019
- There’s an energy revolution happening in villages and towns across Africa - 26 March 2019
- Thokozile Makamba - 25 March 2019
- Truth in Advertising: We can’t solve Eskom, How can we expect to solve Racism? - 25 March 2019
- Reconvene Parliament to solve the national energy crisis - 25 March 2019