Nelson Mandela Bay municipality regrets to advise funeral undertakers, family members and residents at large of the temporary closure of the following cemeteries: Bethelsdorp, Bloemendal, Paapenkuil and Missionvale with immediate effect.
Following the inspections that have done in the cemeteries across the City we came to a decision to close the cemeteries as their are severely waterlogged and burial cannot be conducted under these conditions.
All burials for Bloemendal should go to Malabar cemetery at a cost of Berm section for those who already booked Monday to Wednesday as for people who are coming today they have to pay the full amount of Malabar.
If you have any burial related questions please feel free to contact Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, Parks and Cemeteries officials, Mr Kops
082 969 5986 or Mr Mokonenyane 082 767 1716
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused by this. We understand that this is a difficult period for the families, we will try our level best to work with them to make the best our of this difficult situation.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019